Find SBG posts from my blog:
- Here are my posts on standards based grading.
- Here are my posts about rubrics.
- Here are my posts about learning targets.
- Here are my conference presentations on SBG.
Collections of learning targets:
- Intermediate Algebra learning targets, created by me for Mth110 (S13).
- College Algebra learning targets, created by me for Mth122 (S14).
- Calculus learning targets, created by Pam Wells for Mth201 (F14).
- Math for Elementary Teachers learning targets, created by me for Mth221 (F13).
- Probability and Statistics learning targets, created by me for Mth323 (W14) from CCSS 6.SP and 8.SP.
- Additional examples of learning targets are available in the public folder shared below.
Getting Started with SBG:
- Roadmap to SBG:
- Matt Townsley's Blog: goo.gl/Ea8dkI
- Includes an annotated bibliography of other SBG blogs
- Shawn Cornally's Blog: goo.gl/BFxG3 (includes detailed examples from his use of SBG)
- Ellena Bethea's Blog: goo.gl/V28bCe (reflecting on core SBG principles)
Public SBG Folder Shared at AMTE 2015 (with Dr. Pamela Wells):
Publications about SBG:
- Scriffiny (2008). Seven Reasons for SBG. Educational Leadership. 66(2), 70-74.
- Wilcox (2011). Holding Ourselves to a Higher Standard. Iowa Science Teaching Section Journal 38(3), 4-11.
- AMTE & NCSM (2014). Improving Student Achievement in Mathematics Through Formative Assessment in Instruction.
- Sadler (2005). Interpretations of criteria-based assessment and grading in higher education. Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Ed. 30(2), 175-194.
SBG on the Web:
- SBG FAQ (.pdf) from the Excelsior Springs School District
- SBG For Beginners at wikispaces.com
- @GlobalMath webinar: "SBG: Where to Start and How to go Deeper" (Jul. 2014)
SBG on Social Media:
- Collection of Tweets on SBG (Feb. 20140
- Contains links to presentations and videos for parents, as well as sample SBG rubrics, a compilation of SBG research, and more.
- Weekly #SBLchat: Wednesdays at 9pm EST (last updated Feb. 2015)