Well, I have been having my students blog about their teaching goals, so I thought I might take some of my own medicine and share mine too. So, without further adieu...
My goals for EDI 331, W14 are:
- To provide home workshops that are relevant, useful, and engaging.
- To make sure our in-class workshops connect with the home workshops and extend them in a meaningful way.
- To foster appreciation for the math-twitter-blog-o-sphere as a means of professional growth.
So, how am I doing?I surveyed my students during Week 4 about the first two questions:
- Question: “On a scale from 1 to 5, how have you found the at-home workshops I have assigned to date?
Scale: “1 = not relevant, useful, engaging” and “5 = very relevant, useful, engaging.”
- Result: The mean rating was 4.04 out of 5, and the minimum rating was 3 and mode 4.
- Interpretation: It seems I have been successful at this. An example of such a home workshop appears below.
- Question: “Do you feel the in-class workshops have extended the home workshops in a meaningful way? (Yes or No).
- Result: 12 Yes, and 1 circled "Yes and No" and expressed a desire to spend more time discussing the home workshops in class.
- Interpretation: It seems I have been successful at extending the home workshops with our class discussions.