After the observation, we use a coaching reflecting conversation to reflect on the lesson and construct new learning. Students then reflect on the process by writing a blog post on the subject.
They are invited to use one of two formats for their written reflection:
Option 1: What, So What, Now What?
- What? What are some of your main takeaways?
- So what? Why are those important to you?
- Now what? What are the implications? How? When? Who?
- How did it go? (Were you successful? How do you know?)
- Why was it so? (What caused it to go that way?)
- How did you grow? (What have you learned? How will you apply this in the future?)
- How did this help you know? (Be meta-cognitive: Reflect on the process.)
- From @rwhite21793, a post titled: Reflections on My Teaching!
- From @KelseyJohnsonGV, a post titled: First in-school Coaching Observation
- From @DominicTaylor11, a post titled: Fun Classroom Management?
- From @KalieGVMath, a post titled: What? So What? Now What? (Round 2)